Karen Fisher for Cherry Creek School Board
Experienced leader in this community.
Karen is an effective leader with more than 18 consecutive years of community volunteer and professional experience.
Schools. Her extensive volunteer work stretches across the school district, giving her the in-depth perspective school board members need to govern effectively.
Community. She serves on community nonprofit boards to strengthen Colorado families and support the arts.
Business. Her professional expertise is finance, budgeting and forecasting. She has the fiscal know-how to oversee school district budgets responsibly and understand complex legislative issues.
Proven advocate for all students and families.
Karen is a consistent advocate who gets positive results for all Cherry Creek students and families.
• "There's no more important work than preparing students to succeed in tomorrow's economy and participate as fully functioning members of society," she says. "As a School Board member, it will be my job to set a strategic direction so all students graduate from our high schools ready for college and their careers."
Up to speed on what's next for public schools.
Karen is well-versed about significant changes happening in Colorado's public schools. Skilled, informed School Board members will be a must to oversee the shift to new:
- Learning expectations for all Colorado students
- Assessments that measure student achievement
- Job expectations for teachers and principals
- Performance evaluations for all educators
As a School Board member, Karen will help to navigate these changes effectively to ensure:
- Students learn relevant skills they need to succeed
- Teachers and principals get professional development and tools they need to be effective
- Schools are safe places for students to learn and teachers to teach
Experienced leader in our community. Advocate for all learners.